Call Centre Operator
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 per year
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate Call Centre Operator to join our team and assist social housing clients in booking appointments. As an Operator, you will play a vital role in providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that our clients receive prompt and accurate assistance in securing appointments for social housing services. Your excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and empathy will be essential in effectively addressing client needs and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction.
- Receive inbound calls from social housing clients seeking to book appointments for various housing-related services.
- Provide professional and empathetic customer service while actively listening to client inquiries and concerns.
- Use a computerised system to accurately record and update client information, appointment details, and relevant notes.
- Verify client eligibility for social housing services based on established criteria and guidelines.
- Assess client needs and determine the appropriate appointment type and availability.
- Schedule appointments in accordance with established protocols, ensuring optimal use of resources and minimising wait times.
- Provide accurate information to clients regarding appointment dates, times, locations, and any required documentation or preparation.
- Assist clients in rescheduling or cancelling appointments as necessary, maintaining flexibility while accommodating client preferences and availability.
- Collaborate with internal departments and external stakeholders to facilitate the smooth coordination and execution of appointments.
- Follow-up with clients to confirm appointments, address any additional questions or concerns, and ensure a positive customer experience.
- Adhere to confidentiality and data protection policies to safeguard client information.
- Meet individual and team performance targets related to call handling metrics, such as call volume, average handling time, and customer satisfaction.
- Stay updated on social housing policies, procedures, and relevant regulations to provide accurate information to clients.
- Attend training sessions and participate in ongoing professional development activities to enhance job knowledge and skills.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Previous experience in a call centre or customer service role is highly desirable, particularly in handling appointments or bookings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively convey information to clients and colleagues.
- Active listening skills to understand client needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail to accurately record and manage client information.
- Empathy and patience to address client concerns and provide support in a compassionate manner.
- Ability to navigate computer systems and proficiency in using call centre software, databases, and standard office applications, including Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Problem-solving skills to handle challenging situations and find appropriate resolutions.
- Competitive basic salary
Note: This job description is intended to outline the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet the organisation’s goals and objectives.