Electrical Design Engineer
Excellent opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer that is looking to join a well-established, expanding company.
To be chosen for this role, you must have a driver’s licence as the role will require travel. Effective written and verbal communication skills and a high level of attention to detail are both important keys to success in this role.
This role will involve:
- Front end and detailed design, distribution equipment specification ranging from 400v/230v to ELV systems and equipment
- Design drawings
- Electrical loading calculations
- Volt drop calculations
- Fault level analysis, and earthing arrangements
- Cable selection calculations including circuit protective conductors
- Calculations sizing main and sub-main distribution systems and distribution boards, together with all necessary switchgear
- Calculations sizing and rating electrical equipment
- Calculations for internal lighting
- Calculations for external lighting
- Calculations for emergency and escape lighting
- Attending internal design meetings.
- Attending meetings with external clients and multidisciplinary external design teams.
- Assisting in the development and presentation of project design proposals to the project team and client.
- Assisting in project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment and post-occupancy performance evaluations.
- Preparing high quality information as requested including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports.
- Developing a technical understanding of Low Carbon Technologies, Building Regulations and Local Sustainable Planning Policy.
- Undertaking additional and independent learning on technical subjects and software training.
- Being active in industry organised events such as CIBSE, IMechE and IET programmes.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Ability to understand a project’s programme.
- Must have sufficient experience designing emergency lighting systems and associated power supplies.
- Full driving license is essential.
- Experience AutoCAD is essential.
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of RIBA stages 1 through 7
- Must be Degree qualified.
- Minimum standards to be met by applicant: CIBSE, MIET, CEng, Ieng
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking